We've assembled the best ingredients that brings about the best results for our hair and skin care products. Below is a list of our along with their benefits and properties.
- Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
Apricot Oil (Prunus Armeniaca)
- Apricot Kernel Oil is high in vitamin E, and omega 6 and 9 fatty acids which makes it an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent. It’s really light and gentle on the skin with similar properties as the sweet almond oil. It has many uses and it’s part in many body and face lotions, creams, balms, and ointments. It will make your skin ultra soft and won’t leave any greasy residue.
Avocado Oil (Prunus Armeniaca)
Bergamot E.O. (Citrus bergamia)
- is a wonderfully uplifting and refreshing essential oil with a fresh sweet-citrus, floral scent. It's considered a tonic for frazzled nerves and can help soothe anxiety and lift melancholy. Bergamot can be supportive to healthy digestive and upper respiratory systems, and is great for oily or blemish-prone skin. Often used as an air freshener to combat odors.
Castor Oil (Ricinus communis)
Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera)
- contains important fatty acids and polyphenols, as well as, antimicrobial properties that can help protect against harmful microorganisms. Additionally, coconut oil is known for reducing inflammation on the skin which can also lead to reducing the appearance of ace. All these characteristics make it a great carrier oil.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea)
- extracted from the fruit of the olive tree, it's filled with an incredible number of skin health benefits. Using olive oil as a carrier oil will leave your skin barrier extra smooth and soft, while the antioxidants will scavenge free-radicals and protect the skin.
If you have dry skin, then you’ll be happy to hear that olive oil taps moisture really well and keeps the skin hydrated.
Grapseed Oil (Vitis vinifera)
- Grapeseed oil is a byproduct of the winemaking process, but that doesn’t make it any less important and effective as a carrier oil. It’s rich in vitamin E and C which makes it really useful for oily and acne-prone skin. It can help the skin control sebum production, promote collagen creation and calm inflammation. Suffering from adult acne? Try grapeseed oil as a carrier oil.
It’s light and absorbs well in the skin.
Lavender E.O. (Lavendula Latifolia)
- has a light, sweet floral scent. Undeniably the most popular essential oils. Lavender is great for skin care as its anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties help soothe irritated and sensitive skin. Of course, it is widely known as the best essential oil for relaxation as it helps calm stress and anxiety, eases headaches, and promotes restful sleep.
Lemongrass E.O. (Cymbopogon flexuosus)
- has a penetrating fresh, grassy-citrus scent that’s uplifting, invigorating, and encouraging. Lemongrass is a good essential oil to use when emotionally or physically lethargic or when needing help focusing. It can help increase circulation and is naturally astringent, making it a good skin and muscle toner that can also help improve elasticity and reduce muscular pain. Lemongrass helps boost the immune system and can help fight fevers and infections. Both the plant and the essential oil have been used for centuries to deter insects as well as to ease symptoms of indigestion. It is a deodorant that can be added to soaps, detergents, and air fresheners.
Lime E.O. (Citrus Aurantifolia)
- has a fresh, sweet citrus scent that is very mentally uplifting and refreshing. It has great restorative properties and has historically been used for cleansing, purifying, and renewing both spirit and mind. Lime essential oil helps strengthen the immune system, reducing the frequency of infections, reducing fevers, and easing coughs and congestion. It is a good skin toner that can also improve the appearance of oily, dull, and blemish-prone skin. Lime is a great addition to household cleaners and air fresheners.
Patchouli E.O. (Pogostemon Cablin)
- has a deep, rich, earthy aroma that is mentally grounding and balancing. Patchouli is one of the best essential oils for skin care due to its versatility - it can help moisturize dry and cracked skin, regulate oily and blemish-prone skin, and overall keep skin looking healthy, young, and vibrant. Patchouli is considered a tonic, having an overall toning effect to help optimize metabolic function and strengthen the immune system. It stimulates blood circulation, digestion, and the elimination of toxins and excess water. Historically believed to be a prophylactic, helping prevent the spread of disease and infection.
Peppermint E.O. (Mentha Piperita)
- has a penetrating grassy, mint scent that's mentally stimulating and energy boosting. It helps increase focus, mental clarity, memory, alertness, and concentration while soothing nervous stress. One of the best essential oils for your first aid kit, Peppermint is believed to help relieve headache symptoms and provide relief from nasal and respiratory congestion caused by allergies or the common cold. Widely known as a digestive aid, Peppermint can be used to alleviate common digestive complaints like bloating, cramping, nausea, motion sickness, and upset stomach. It nourishes dry skin and be used in hair care to relieve scalp irritation and dryness, stimulate hair growth, and give hair a shiny, fresh look. Peppermint is also known to deter mice, ants, and spiders.
Ricebran Oil (Rice Husk)
- used in hair, Rice Bran Carrier Oil repairs dryness, damage, and brittleness, contributing to hair’s moisture and softness without leaving a heavy, greasy residue. It is known to facilitate hair growth while preventing the premature development of grey hair. Its high smoking point makes it a natural heat protectant. With its ability to eliminate irritation-inducing bacteria Rice Bran Oil promotes scalp health by soothing and preventing dandruff. By increasing circulation, it revives hair by promoting stronger and healthier growth.
- Rose water has been said to stabilize hair's pH balance because its pH is similar to that of hair. Some say it can aid in repairing hair's damaged porosity. It acts as an anti-inflammatory, and with its natural antiseptic properties, it can reduce or lessen dandruff caused by fungal infections. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which may make it beneficial for certain scalp conditions, like psoriasis and eczema. Many women with curly hair swear by rose water’s ability to calm down frizz and add shine.
Rosemary E.O. (Rosmarinus Officinalis L.)
- has a strong, fresh, herbaceous aroma. It has a stimulating effect on the brain, improving cognitive function by increasing concentration, focus, clarity, and memory retention. Rosemary essential oil is commonly seen in hair care products that relieve dryness and flakiness associated with dandruff. It also stimulates the hair follicles which may promote hair growth and overall health. When used for skin care, Rosemary can improve skin hydration and elasticity while reducing irritation and excessive oil production. It also helps soothe tired muscles, fortifies healthy immune and respiratory systems, and stimulates circulation.
Sweet Almond Oil
- Almond oil is rich in antioxidants which is why is commonly used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Vegetable Glycerin (Glycerol)
- is a clear, odorless and sweet-tasting liquid derived from vegetable fats. It is added to cosmetics and may offer health benefits, such as moisturized and resilient skin, improved hydration and better physical performance.
Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate)
- may help support a healthy scalp and hair as it has natural antioxidant effects that could assist with maintaining hair growth. The vitamin's antioxidant properties could help reduce the amount of oxidative stress and free radicals that cause the hair follicle cells in a person's scalp to break down.
Wheat Germ Oil
- being a great source of vitamins - B6, Folic acid and E, wheat germ oil is said to act as an anti-ageing agent for the skin. "Vitamin E is a strong anti-oxidant and it promotes healthy skin as it prevents many skin problems like psoriasis, eczema and dry skin.
- cleanses hair and protects the scalp. We already know that witch hazel helps dry out excess oils and grease, which makes it great to be used on oily hair. The vasoconstrictive properties of witch hazel also mean that massaging it into your scalp helps increase the blood circulation in it, thus reducing hair fall.